You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#116576 Frontend Edit gives error message when used for website modules type "mod_custom"

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by omroepmuseum on Monday, 15 April 2024 20:23 BST

omroepmuseum

Hello,

I have created a very simple custom module for our website, type "mod_custom". It only contains some text and sits nicely on position "section-1" of the template JoomlArt Purity IV.

I can start the frontend edit of this module but when I try to save (or save& close), I get an error message (I added a png-file to show the content).

When I do the same with a "normal" article, everything goes well.

Note that I have activated reCaptcha v3 (which works fine when editing a "normal article").

What can be the cause of this error message?

Kind greetings,

Hendrik Simoens

Attachments

Ryan
I can start the frontend edit of this module but when I try to save (or save& close), I get an error message (I added a png-file to show the content).

Do you get the error when using the Joomla Tinymce editor?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

omroepmuseum

Yes, the same message with Tinymce.

Ryan

Pelase send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

Ryan

I can't find an obvious cause for this error, although turning on Debug System in the Global Configuration does seem to indicate that the error might be related to a Calendar field.

None of the other Custom HTML fields on the front-page give the same error when saving, as I am sure you are aware. Perhpas it is related to Advanced Module Manager?

I would suggest deleting the module and creating it again. Perhaps this will solve the problem.

Ryan Demmer

omroepmuseum

Hello Ryan, I deleted Advanced Module Manager and reinstalled it. No cure!
By the way: I am not aware at all of any Custom HTML fields 😉

Ryan
I deleted Advanced Module Manager and reinstalled it. No cure!

No, my suggestion is to delete the Custom HTML module that is giving the error, and then re-create it.

If this doesn't work, then uninstall Advanced Module Manager and try and save the Custom HTML module. This will help to rule out this extension as the cause.

Ryan Demmer

omroepmuseum

Hello Ryan, I'am back!

I deleted the old Custom HTML module and re-created it as you suggested. And problem solved!

Thanks for the assistance.

Hendrik