You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#116584 JCE changing HTML and tags

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Thursday, 11 April 2024 20:01 BST

[email protected]

Good afternoon. Trying to find the setting to prevent JCE from editing my text and HTML when creating content.

The issue popped up when I had added the line <div style="font-weight:700">TEST</div>

This was changed to: <div st<x>yle="font-weight:500">TEST</div>

I went back to the editor and viewing the code, I changed it back to <div style="font-weight:700">TEST</div>

This time when I saved it then toggled between the Editor and Code tabs it was changed to: <div style="font-weight: bold">TEST</div>

Why is JCE doing this? It needs to stop changing anything I add to the editor, period.

How do I get it back to behaving in a predicable manner?

Thank you

[email protected]

After verifying that all the options to change or validate HTML are off, this is what it is changing the line to:
<div st="" x="">yle="font-weight:700"&gt;TEST</div>

Should be <div style="font-weight:700">TEST</div>

It's frustrating when a tool tries to think for you and it gets it wrong and you can't find the documentation to fix it.

Love your editor, when it does what I tell it, not the other way around.

[email protected]

This is driving me mad. I just went back in to see if it is happening consistently and it spat out another variation. This time after correcting <div st="" x="">yle="font-weight:700"&gt;TEST</div>, saving then returning to the code edit tab for JCE, it just read Test, no mark up at all. I toggled between the Editor and Code views and it became <p>Test</p>

Please help.

Ryan

The issue popped up when I had added the line <div style="font-weight:700">TEST</div>

This was changed to: <div st<x>yle="font-weight:500">TEST</div>

JCE does not alter code like this.

Does this happen only when saving or when you toggle the editor?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.