You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#116598 Preview shows corrupt layout when embedding more than 1 Twitter message in article

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Saturday, 27 April 2024 11:14 BST

woodyf4u

Start a new article in Joomla JCE Editor. (Same issue in free verion and Pro).
Place some content in it successively:
text
twitter message.
text
twitter message
text

The embed code for the Twitter messages can be retrieved by clicking on the three dots next to a Twitter message and then choosing embed message.

Everything still looks good in the JCE article editor.
But if you click on the Preview tab, the entire order of text and Twitter messages is mixed up.

But if you save the article and publish it online, everything is as expected again.

Why does the preview get messy? Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Ryan

But if you save the article and publish it online, everything is as expected again.

Please post a link to an example.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

woodyf4u

Hi,

I can't send a link because the problem is in the backend.
As soon as I publish the article it looks good on the website itself.
The only place where the formatting goes wrong is in the Preview tab.
I have tested it on various websites and in combination with embedding at least 2 Twitter messages it goes wrong.
You should be able to imitate this yourself.

Ryan

I can't send a link because the problem is in the backend.
As soon as I publish the article it looks good on the website itself.

It is much easier if I have direct access to your layout, and can see the effect of the templates styling on the code, which may be the reason for the difference in the Preview tab.

It is also much quicker to use your code than attempting to re-create your example, which I have done with no visible difference in the Preview tab in my test.

Ryan Demmer

woodyf4u

I would like to send you login details from the backend, but I don't see where I can make this ticket Private.
How do I adjust that?

Ryan

Use this contact form to send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

woodyf4u

I just sent you the information via that contact form.

Ryan

This has something to do with the way the script tags are processed in the content, and I am working on a fix for the next update.

However, each Twitter embed includes an identical script tag, and when you have multiple embeds on a page, you are eseentially loading the script tag multiple times. In your example, I have removed all the script tags, and pasted only one at the end of the article. This also fixes the preview issue for now.

Ryan Demmer