You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#99018 Editor Button to insert Simple Image Gallery Pro Gallery just leads to an empty box with site background

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by onki on Thursday, 04 April 2019 10:07 BST

onki
Hi,
I am using the latest 2.7 JCE version together with the latest version of the Simple Image Gallery Pro Gallery (not SIGE).
When I click on the Editor button at the bottom (plugin) to insert a gallery in the frontend I just get an blank page instead of the gallery selection UI.
https://cloud.onki.net/index.php/s/etS8EnNCaGXjQwj

If I do the same in the back end editor it works fine.
https://cloud.onki.net/index.php/s/lF8wb8mEnoZKp4t

I am not sure if this is a JCE issue or Gallery issue.
When I was using JCE 2.6.x it worked OK.
Any idea what could be wrong?

Best regards

Onki

Ryan
If I do the same in the back end editor it works fine.

Issues that appear only in the front-end are usually related to the site's template.
When I was using JCE 2.6.x it worked OK.

If you uninstall JCE Pro 2.7 and install JCE Pro 2.6.38 - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/latest - do you still have the issue?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

onki
Hi Ryan,

I have tried the older version but get the same issue (I was probably wrong with my statement that it worked with 2.6.x).
To check if it is template related I've used a different template but with the same result.
When I switch to TinyMCE it works.

What I can see is that the "buttons" appear different in front- and backend. While I just see a link style button in the front end I do get a real "button" in the backend.
I can supply a super user login on my test site for testing.

Best regards
Onki

Ryan
I have tried the older version but get the same issue (I was probably wrong with my statement that it worked with 2.6.x).
To check if it is template related I've used a different template but with the same result.

If you switch to "No Editor" or "CodeMirror", do the buttons display in the front-end?

Ryan Demmer

onki
When I switch to "No Editor" or "Codemirror" I can see the "button" but they give the same problem.
Only TinyMCE seems to work.
I am using two other buttons and they work in any configuration.

Bets regards
Onki

Ryan
When I switch to "No Editor" or "Codemirror" I can see the "button" but they give the same problem.

Then the issue is not with the editor, but either with the template, or Simple Image Gallery Pro.

Ryan Demmer

onki
OK - Thanks
Fotis from Joomlaworks already knows about this issue but I just wanted to make sure it is not editor related.

Best regards
Onki