You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#106222 Enbedding an instance of JCE Pro in a Joomla page

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Thursday, 04 February 2021 10:31 GMT

jimbrooking
I would like to embed an instance of the JCE Pro editor, which is licensed for my site, in a web page to use for Joomla content (our residents directory) managed by my PHP code, not Joomla. Is there any way to do this? I have embedded TinyMCE in some pages, but would like the ease of use of the JCE if I can use some code to place it on a page that requires some possibly formatted text to be entered.

Thanks.

Ryan
JCE is a Joomla extension, dependant on the Joomla API to function, and therefore cannot be used outside of Joomla.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

jimbrooking
Hi Ryan, Thanks for your reply.

I understand that JCE is a Joomla extension and requires the Joomla API. I have written a variety of Joomla pages that have imbedded PHP code and use the Joomla API. I am looking for a way to replace a textarea input field by a JCE window. I'm a "full stack" developer so knowledgeable in PHP, JavaScript, etc. Any way to do that?

Ryan
I've had a chance to take a look at this and the only suggestion I can make is that you have a look at how the editor is initialized in the editor plugin, which creates the textarea in Joomla - https://github.com/widgetfactory/jce/blob/master/plugins/editors/jce/jce.php#L59

Please be aware that JCE requires the Joomla session to function, with refrences to the logged in user, component that it is operating in etc.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.