You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#114431 Can I only specify the CSS file to be used by JCE in the GLOBAL screens with no way to override that for a particular user group??

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by davidascher on Tuesday, 22 August 2023 13:40 BST

davidascher
I am using Gantry 5 and have created a custom layout that I want to use on a section of a website... I mean a subset of the pages in the website that have their own menu, layout, color scheme, fonts, etc. . I can link those pages to the customized "layout" (Gantry 5 terminology) and that all works fine.

However, I would also like to be able to have the editor use the custom css for that section for pages that are part of that section. I thought I might be able to create a new group for the users who maintain the content in that special section and configure the editor to use the custom css for pages they edit. However, it appears that I can only specify css files to be used on a GLOBAL basis and not by user group.

Do I have that right? or is there some way I could accomplish what I want without having to wait for you to move configuring the use of a custom css to the user group section??

thanks

Ryan
However, it appears that I can only specify css files to be used on a GLOBAL basis and not by user group.

Do I have that right? or is there some way I could accomplish what I want without having to wait for you to move configuring the use of a custom css to the user group section??

No, you can specify a stylesheet to use instead fo the template stylesheet, or a stylesheet to use in addition to the template stylesheet, in Editor Profiles -> Editor Parameters -> Typography:

1. Set the Editor Styles option to Add (to use your custom stylesheet in addition to the template stylesheets) or Overwrite (to use your custom stylesheet instead of)
2. Add the path to your custom stylesheet(s) in the Custom CSS Files field.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

davidascher
I thnk I understand what you are suggesting. I will give it a try. Thanks very much for this.