You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#114561 JCE and Solidres in Joomla 4 don't work proper

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by olarf on Tuesday, 05 September 2023 12:29 BST

olarf
Hello Developer,
we use JCE since a long time now on several pages and we still use it on most pages we updated to Joomla 4 already. On one page we use Solidres, a very complex booking solution andf there we got issues with JCE in editing their multi language extra tabs.
We report those issues to them, becuase we see the problem on their side but they answer back that JCE is still running a Solution that works on J3 and J4 and that the basic structure of the editor should be a clean J4 Version to work 100% popper.
So we are on tinyMCE now and it works while it is super less comfortable then your Editor. We can not describe an exact issue, we just get often trouble with editing multi language contant and the Solidres developer told us to switch back to tinyMCE and wait until JCE come up as a clean J4 Version without any legacy J3 stuff in it.
So I would like to ask if you can confirm that / plan to came up with an clean J4 Version in the closer future / can talk directly with the SolidresSolidres developers to figure out what the issue is?
We just saw that switching back to tinyMCE fix the problems and we also could see that the folder structure of JCE is still following the old J3 scheme while tinyMCE follow the new J4 scheme but however, we think you had a reason for that 🙂
Would be great if you have any Idea how it can be fixed or if you already plan to come up with a clean J4 Version.
Best regards
Olaf

Ryan
Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

Ryan
We just saw that switching back to tinyMCE fix the problems and we also could see that the folder structure of JCE is still following the old J3 scheme while tinyMCE follow the new J4 scheme but however, we think you had a reason for that

This shouldn't be an issue. I have tested SolidRes 3 Beta with JCE Pro 2.9.41 and it loads in the Property and Reservation sections.

Ryan Demmer

olarf
Hi Ryan,
I just move to Solidres 3.0 Beta on our test environment and I will test JCE there too again. Beside this, we never had an issue that JCE doesn't load, it was more strange issues when editing German translations, several times they got lost completely. SO the issues start once you run speedy translate and multi language page based on SpeedyTranslate. But I dint test on 3.0 Beta again as it just appear 6 days ago.

Ryan
SO the issues start once you run speedy translate and multi language page based on SpeedyTranslate

The issue then might lie with SpeedyTranslate, or its implementation in SolidRes, not JCE.

Ryan Demmer

olarf
That was what we thought as well but Solidres simply state the we should use tinyMCE as logn as JCE is not availiable as a clean J4 Version to prevent ourself from issues. I will test it now again in the Beta3 as this is complexity new with a million of Bugfixes and also JCE had some updates since we tested it last time. Maybe right now it works fine. I will test it and let you know.

Ryan
JCE is not availiable as a clean J4 Version to prevent ourself from issues.

I don't know what they mean by this or why it makes a difference. I can only imagine because they are implementing an editor in a non-standard way (without using the API) and don't directly support JCE.

Ryan Demmer

olarf
I also don't know what they mean exactly, they told me that the folder structure of tinyMCE is clean J4 and that yours is still mixed for J3 and J4...
However, first tests with their 3.0 Beta and your last Version looks very promising. So maybe they fix it on their side, 3.0 Beta was a huge major update to fix a million of issues. So I will continue testing. I add two screenshots because I see that many functions went light grey (inactive) once I switch to the German language. Maybe that leads you to issues they have on their side, general editing in that tab works fine now..
Many thanks for your super support !
best regards

Olaf

Attachments

Ryan
I add two screenshots because I see that many functions went light grey (inactive) once I switch to the German language.

Inactive buttons require an appropriate selection (table, text or image) to be enabled for use.

Ryan Demmer

olarf
Ok I see but why are then all Buttons active in English Version and inactive in German translation page, Is it because SpeedyTranslate just transfer what is used to the German page while the English (default) page has all options available? That would make sense then absolutely.

Ryan
why are then all Buttons active in English Version and inactive in German translation page

What do you mean by inactive? Greyed out, or when you click a button nothing happens?

Ryan Demmer

olarf
Greyed out

Ryan
I'm not sure what is going on there, the editor with the inactive buttons is correct, as those are inactive because of the current editor selection context.

I would need to have a look directly to see what the issue is. Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

olarf
Ok, thanks, I sedn you the login data

Ryan
This looks fine to me. I'm not seeing any issues with disabled buttons in both langauges. Those that are, are disabled for reason, and are enabled when the correct editor selection is made. Tested in Firefox and Chrome.

Ryan Demmer

olarf
Ok, then I will continue testing and hopefully it will work like the last several years before.
Many thanks for the great support.
best regards

Olaf