You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#115060 Systeem - JCE MediaBox 2.1.5 is NOT Joomla 5 compatible!

Posted in ‘Mediabox’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Tuesday, 14 November 2023 09:28 GMT

Henk Haak
After upgrade to Joomla 5, Systeem - JCE MediaBox 2.1.5 is responsible that the site does not come life. After installing Systeem - JCE MediaBox 2.1.3, the site, running at Joomla 5, is up and running. At this moment I am not certain if all functions are oke.

JCE 2.9.52-beta3 does not solve the problem

Ryan
JCE MediaBox 2.1.5 works as expected in my tests on a Joomla 5 site.

A new version will be released next week.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

Henk Haak
I just tried it again. I installed JCE MediaBox 2.1.5 and the site does not start. If I is disable the MediaBox plugin in Extensions -> Plugins, then the site starts, but of course the Mediabox functions don't work. Hereafter I re-installed JCE MediaBox 2.1.3 and the site is up and running again including the Mediabox functions .

I do not know the difference between my Joomla 5 and yours, but that my site does not come to life is sure.

Ryan
Clean install of Joomla 5 with JCE MediaBox 2.1.5 installed using Install from Web. Enabled JCE MediaBox in Extensions -> Plugins after install with no issues.

I would suggest you uninstall JCE MediaBox before installing a new version.

Ryan Demmer

IDD-NET.DE
When uninstalling, are the settings gone after reinstall it after Joomla 5 update or do I need to set the Popup for hundreds of images again?

Ryan
Installling, updating or uninstalling does not alter existing popup links in articles.

Ryan Demmer