You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#115592 webp Image Inclusion

Posted in ‘Suggestions & Feature Requests’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by trlbldr on Saturday, 16 December 2023 16:09 GMT

trlbldr
I've added webp to the Joomla Media Allowed Extensions, Legal Extensions, and Legal Mime Types in System/Global Configuration/Media. The webp images I've uploaded into the Joomla 5.01 sites I maintain show in assigned Media/Images categories, but not in the JCE File Browser so I cannot insert them into an Article using JCE Editor Pro.
Why Not?
I had to rip out the DJ Webp tool on one of my Joomla 5.01 sites because of its funky interaction with other extensions - and I don't want to discuss my interactions with that group here.
My point is that, if the file type is properly configured for Joomla and image files are found in the Joomla images folder, I think that they should be accessible by the JCE File Browser,

Cheers & Merry Christmas!
Don White

Ryan
I've added webp to the Joomla Media Allowed Extensions, Legal Extensions, and Legal Mime Types in System/Global Configuration/Media. The webp images I've uploaded into the Joomla 5.01 sites I maintain show in assigned Media/Images categories, but not in the JCE File Browser so I cannot insert them into an Article using JCE Editor Pro.
Why Not?

My point is that, if the file type is properly configured for Joomla and image files are found in the Joomla images folder, I think that they should be accessible by the JCE File Browser,

The Joomla Media options are not used by JCE Pro.

The Image Manager, Image Manager Extended and File Browser in JCE Pro already support webp files.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

trlbldr
Thank you, Ryan. Merry Christmas!

Don White