You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#115676 Problem Resizing and then Cropping images

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by albatrozdigital on Wednesday, 10 January 2024 11:37 GMT

albatrozdigital
Hi!

I'm having a problem uploading images and then resizing and cropping.

I have defined that my website will only have images with 1280x720.
So i need to upload images and the resize and crop to that size.

Example: i have an image with 2339x3307
After the upload, I will edit the image and then resize it to 1280 x (what it gives), in this case JCE changes the image to 1280x1810
Then, i will crop to have an image of 1280x720.
But when i edit the fields to correct the height to 720, it changes the width to 1279 and the height to 721, this is wrong.
Why can't i have the full width of the image that is 1280 and then cut some height to have the 720?

What is wrong? Can you fix this?

Attachments

Ryan
But when i edit the fields to correct the height to 720, it changes the width to 1279 and the height to 721, this is wrong.
Why can't i have the full width of the image that is 1280 and then cut some height to have the 720?

Uncheck the Propotional box to enter in your own non-proportional values.

I have defined that my website will only have images with 1280x720.
So i need to upload images and the resize and crop to that size.

You can do this when the image is uploaded, it does not need to be done in the Image Editor after uploading.

In the Upload dialog, browse for and select the images to upload.

Check the Resize option, then uncheck the Proportional box. Type in your dimensions. Check the Crop to Fit box.

https://cdn.joomlacontenteditor.net/tmp/115676-problem-resizing-and-then-cropping-images.jpg

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

albatrozdigital
Uncheck the Propotional box to enter in your own non-proportional values.

But i need to resize proportionally, becuase i want the image to have my width, and then go from there.
I the case of the image in too wide, then i need to resize by the height proportionally.
I never know what images the client send me to put it the articles.

You can do this when the image is uploaded, it does not need to be done in the Image Editor after uploading.

If i do this on the upload the resize and cut is made automatically, and i can't choose what part of the image i want. Sometimes the part in the middle, sometimes the part more on top. I have to choose myself.
If i do as you say, it will choose the middle of the image, that's not what i want, maybe o need a part of the top.
If the image has more width than height, then it will cut the sides.
Can you understand this?

So the solution is to upload the image completely. And then edit and resize to my need (width or height) and then crop to choose the part i want.

I you can just fix the crop thing tho let me choose it would do. The crop is making some calculations that are not normal.

Ryan
I am looking into this but I am not always able to reproduce a similar issue with the dimensions. It appears to be caused by specific image dimensions, as some images crop as expected while others create dimensions that are 1px more or less than the expected size.

Ryan Demmer

Ryan
Please try JCE Pro 2.9.59 Beta - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Clear your browser cache after install.

Ryan Demmer

albatrozdigital
Hi!
It's the same.
I will send the image i'm using so you can try.
first resize to width 1280
and then crop to height 720 and choose the top of the image.
you will see that the values change to 1278 and 719

Ryan
Please try JCE Pro 2.9.59 Beta 2 - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Ryan Demmer

albatrozdigital
Hi!
Same behavior, it changes to 1278x719.

Ryan
This is working in my tests with your image. Please clear your browser cache.

Ryan Demmer

albatrozdigital
Hi!
I did that.
vídeo

Ryan
I think I have managed to fix this now. Please try JCE Pro 2.9.59 Beta 3 - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Ryan Demmer

albatrozdigital
Great!!!
It's fixed.
Thanks