You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#115913 JCE Editor Spinning Wheel

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by IGTExtension on Wednesday, 24 January 2024 16:02 GMT

IGTExtension
Hello,

We are having issues with the JCE Editor Pro, when attempting to edit an article via Frontend or Backend we receive an endless Spinning Wheel resulting in not being able to edit. We had to change the Default Editor to TinyMCE to allow us to edit for now.

We are on Joomla 4.2.9 and installed JCE Editor 2.9.61 from 2.9.58 (that used to be functional but to no success).

I attached screenshots of the issue and what the console log is throwing for the error.

Thank you in advanced.

Attachments

Ryan
Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

IGTExtension
[quotePost id="115915"]Please send me a login -

Ryan
But I saw that once I turned off MFA authentication the JCE Editor works.

Is this a custom MFA authentication extension or the Joomla core option?

Ryan Demmer

IGTExtension
[quotePost id="115919"]
But I saw that once I turned off MFA authentication the JCE Editor works.

Is this a custom MFA authentication extension or the Joomla core option?[/quotePost]

We are hosting the Joomla site from Azure Web Apps, and we authenticated from Azure (Microsoft Authentication).

Ryan
Does this happen in any browser, or just a specific one? For example if you are using Chrome, do you still get the error in Firefox?

Ryan Demmer

IGTExtension
It was blocked in Edge then just now in Firefox, image below from console

Attachments

Ryan
The issue here appears to be that the server is blocking the loading of the editor files, whether that is due to the MFA authentication or not I can't comment on that.

In Firefox, go to Tools -> Browser -> Tools, click on the Network option then on JS to filter the list. Are any of the files showing a 404 or 403 status?

Ryan Demmer

IGTExtension
Its all showing 200 status code (image attached)

Attachments

Ryan
I have no idea what is happening here, except to say, from your explanation, that it appears to be caused by the MFA authentication, which is somehow inteferring with the rendering of the editor.

I will try and explore this further, by attempting to create an Azure Web App Joomla site, with MFA enabled, and see if I can replicate the issue, but this is likely to take some time, as I have to figure out how to do all of this.

Ryan Demmer

Ryan
One thing you can try, is to enable the Compress CSS and Compress Javascript options in the JCE Global Configuration, so that all css and javascript assets are loaded in one file each.

Ryan Demmer

IGTExtension
[quotePost id="115948"]I have no idea what is happening here, except to say, from your explanation, that it appears to be caused by the MFA authentication, which is somehow inteferring with the rendering of the editor.

I will try and explore this further, by attempting to create an Azure Web App Joomla site, with MFA enabled, and see if I can replicate the issue, but this is likely to take some time, as I have to figure out how to do all of this.[/quotePost]

Thank you so much.

IGTExtension
[quotePost id="115950"]One thing you can try, is to enable the Compress CSS and Compress Javascript options in the JCE Global Configuration, so that all css and javascript assets are loaded in one file each.[/quotePost]

I tried this but same issue occurred unfortunately.

IGTExtension
[quotePost id="115950"]One thing you can try, is to enable the Compress CSS and Compress Javascript options in the JCE Global Configuration, so that all css and javascript assets are loaded in one file each.[/quotePost]

Actually the JCE Editor just loaded up after doing this!!! Thank you very much