You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#116140 Status Stack Overflow Error in Browers

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Tuesday, 13 February 2024 10:25 GMT

das
Hello, I have tried all kinds of versions of JCE and also Joomla 4 updates -- right up to JCE 2.9.61 and Joomla 4.42 and I'm getting a "Status Stack Overflow" error every time I right-click on a hyperlink or image within a document using JCE.

?????

Thanks,
DAS

Ryan
Are you using the Grammarly browser extension?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

das
I've solve the problem, but in a roundabout way.

I first tried adding --no-sandbox to Chrome launch and that fixed it. But according to Google, made my browser vulnerable.

So I completely uninstalled Chrome and reinstalled, but that didn't work.

I then continued to work with --no-sandbox to do what I had to do.

Following that, I uninstalled and reinstalled again and I seem to be fine.

BTW, Edge was doing the same thing, but I haven't tested that to see how it's behaving now, nor have I uninstalled/reinstalled.

Thanks,

DAS

das
I'm still having the issue on at least one of my sites -- I can't quite pin it down. That site is still J3, mind you (the last of my upgrades), but it was getting the error on the J4 sites, too.

DAS

Ryan
Are you on Windows or MacOS?

Do you only get this error when using the right-click context menu?

Ryan Demmer

das
I'm going to get back to you if it's only the right-click action, but I think it's when I select by icon, too (usually hyperlink or image).

But the reason I can't now is I found that if I open and edit with the --no-sandbox option, it works, then when I eliminate --no-sandbox it works for a while. Like now. But then it will start erroring on me again.

Windows 11 Home

DAS

Ryan
It's difficult to find any info about this, but I found this reddit thread which might be applicable - https://www.reddit.com/r/sysadmin/comments/13dtum4/chrome_status_stack_buffer_overrun_error/

Ryan Demmer