You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#116160 YOOtheme dynamic gallery with JCE Media file

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Tuesday, 13 February 2024 10:23 GMT

bytekultur
Hi, I have an issue with the custom field "media jce", which I think you provide as an extension to the media field type of Joomla core.
I am using a subform with an image field (media jce) in it, so the client can create a collection of images that should be loaded dynamically into a YOOtheme gallery element. This worked fine until recently, but now, when an article is changed, the images are not shown any more even though in the edit form they are still visible.

I am using joomla 4.4.2 and JCE 2.9.61 and YOOtheme in it's latest version, but mainly what has changed is the structure of the field value, which I think is probably the reason why YOOtheme cannot find the image path any more.

This is the difference I've spotted in the field value structure (column "value" in table #__fields_values):

old (working) structure:
{"row0":{"field21":"images\/image.jpg"},...}

new (NOT working) structure:
{"row0":{"field21":{"media_src":"images\/image0.jpg","media_text":""}},...}

Can you help somehow or do I need to hope that YOOtheme will somehow adapt to that? I've informed them as well...

Any help is much appreciated!

bytekultur
Sorry, just found out that there is a legacy setting in your plugin! Problem is solved for the moment.

dhoeke
Thanks for posting this. I ran into the same problem. Main galleries and galleries with thumb navigation show weird behaviour. Using Joomla 5. Could you explain where to find this 'legacy setting'? Thanks

dhoeke
Found it.

'The Description text field added to the JCE Media Field in the last udpated has caused some issues for some users who were accessing the field value directly from the database in Yootheme Dynamic Content and other extension functions. Adding the Description field required that the Media Field value be saved as a JSON string, containing values for both the URL and Description fields, ie: {"media_src":"","media_text":""} instead of a single value for the URL as before the update.

A Legacy Media Support option has been added in the Field - Media JCE plugin parameters to remove the Description text field and restore the single URL value. Once enabled, existing affected JCE Media Fields should be re-saved to restore the single value.

The option can bse set in System -> Manage -> Plugins in Joomla 4 and Joomla 5 or Extensions -> Plugins in Joomla 3. Search for Field - Media JCE , click the entry to edit it and enable the option if required.'

Ryan
A Legacy Media Support option has been added in the Field - Media JCE plugin parameters to remove the Description text field and restore the single URL value. Once enabled, existing affected JCE Media Fields should be re-saved to restore the single value.

Just to clarify this, the articles containing the fields need to be saved, not the fields themselves.

I have updated the original news article - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/news/jce-pro-2-9-58-released

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.