You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#116170 Problem between JCE PRO and Fabrik for Joomla

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Resilience on Friday, 16 February 2024 14:40 GMT

Resilience
Hi, I'm sorry to disturb but I encountered a problem, which I could only solve by installing version 2.9.50 of JCE Pro. I have an application built with Fabrik for Joomla. The Joomla version is 3.10.12. PHP 7.4.29. I know I need to upgrade to J4 but I'm currently stuck due to a module that hasn't been updated yet.
The problem that arises is related to Fabrik's repeatable groups:

https://www.resiliencesrl.com/images/share/jce0.png

When I click +, to add a new field, strange behavior occurs. This appears in the console:

https://www.resiliencesrl.com/images/share/jce1.png

The new record looks like this:

https://www.resiliencesrl.com/images/share/jce2.png

As you can see, the editor is no longer visible.
I tried to install all the versions of JCE backwards, until I got to 51. This one, however, had problems with the ChatGPT Plugin. Finally, the problems were resolved with version 50.
So, I contacted you to bring the problem to you.
I hope you can help me.
I await your kind reply.
Greetings

Guido Ferrante

Ryan
until I got to 51. This one, however, had problems with the ChatGPT Plugin.

What problem are you encountering with the ChatGPT Plugin?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

Resilience
The problem with the ChatGPT plugin was only there with version 51. I remember that it was fixed with 52. Now it works fine with all other versions. The most important problem now is the one I wrote to you above, with Fabrik's repeating groups.

Ryan
Are you using the latest version of Fabrik?

Ryan Demmer

Resilience
No, I use the version 3.10. The Joomla version is 3.10.12. PHP 7.4.29. I know I need to upgrade to J4 but I'm currently stuck due to a module that hasn't been updated yet.

Ryan
No, I use the version 3.10.

Not much we can do here. If you're not using the latest version of Fabrik, we can't determince where the issue is, and I'm not going to try support older versions of extensions. You will need to continue as you are until you are able to upgrade to the latest versions of everything.

Ryan Demmer

Resilience
OK thanks anyway. For the moment I'm forced to stay with version 50. But it's strange, everything worked well and then something changed.
Thanks again.