You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#116233 JCE Pro 2.9.61 stripping out all formatting from articles in Joomla 3.10.12

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Wednesday, 21 February 2024 14:40 GMT

vincebodie
As the title states, whenever I try to save an article in the editor, all of the formatting gets stripped out, leaving only one giant blob of text. When I first encountered this the first thing I tried was to check for an update, and sure enough I was running v2.6.x of the editor. Strangely there was no record in the Update Sites for the editor, so I downloaded the package from my account and installed it manually. Now that the editor is updated to the current version the problem still exists. Here is a short screen capture:

https://artglassandmetal.com/images/sampledata/bad-editor-bad.mov

How can I fix this? I've got a severe case of deja vu all over again that this has happened to me before, but I don't recall the fix!

Ryan
In the Joomla Global Configuration, in the Text Filter tab, was is the Filter Type set to the for user group doing the editing (assumig Super User)?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

vincebodie
[quotePost id="116235"]In the Joomla Global Configuration, in the Text Filter tab, was is the Filter Type set to the for user group doing the editing (assumig Super User)?[/quotePost]
Remember when I said deja vu all over again? All groups including Super Users are set to "Default Blacklist", and when I try to change Super Users to "No Filtering" the setting doesn't stick on save, it just reverts to Default Blacklist. I've seen this issue before and I don't recall what the fix was.

Ryan
All groups including Super Users are set to "Default Blacklist"

This shouldn't remove all HTML from the content, only "No HTML" would do that.

Are you getting the same issue if using the Tinymce editor, or the No Editor option?

Ryan Demmer

vincebodie
[quotePost id="116242"]
All groups including Super Users are set to "Default Blacklist"

This shouldn't remove all HTML from the content, only "No HTML" would do that.

Are you getting the same issue if using the Tinymce editor, or the No Editor option?[/quotePost]

No matter which editor I choose (including No Editor), all HTML gets stripped out on save, even

tags, as if "No HTML" were selected as you described.

The failure to save the Text Filter settings also shows up no matter which editor I select, including No Editor. I have a post at the Joomla forums about it, and I also found two other posts there with the same issue, one with J2.5 and one with J5. So it's a Joomla issue, not an issue with JCE.

Ryan
Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer